Open: January 29, 2024
Deadline: February 14, 2024
Department Name: I.S. Patient Care Systems
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the efficient design, coding, testing, and maintenance of advanced aspects of clinical/corporate software applications to satisfy clinical/corporate user and system requirements. The role leads projects through all phases of the information systems life cycle, including systems design, process and workflow analysis, project oversight and work group delegation for the implementation and operational support of applications. This position works in collaboration with business/clinical departments to define problems, develop alternatives, assess impacts and lead the delivery of the recommended solutions. The incumbent is considered a subject matter expert on their respective applications and provides guidance and expertise to applicable team member(s).
The successful candidate will support our Patient Scheduling application and lead a team of 3 support analysts. Key accountabilities will be the day-to-day coordination of team priorities; technical and strategic lead on projects involving or impacting the patient scheduling application; third tier support for client issues and coordination of new hire training.
Status: Regular Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $43.04 per hour – $53.80 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
- Successful completion of 3-year diploma in Computer Science or health related field or equivalent education and experience as acceptable by the hospital
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst role or related experience
- Project Management Certification; Registration and/or licensing to regulatory body preferred
- Experience leading small projects in a complex environment
- Experience leading multifaceted teams
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical solutions to various stakeholders including leadership
- Ability to collaborate and engage with multiple stakeholders within and outside ITS
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically considering corporate; regional and provincial mandate
- Commitment to continuous improvement and advocating for the advancement and modernization of our electronic patient record
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a hybrid work environment including experience facilitating and participating in virtual meetings with various levels of clinical and corporate leadership
- Demonstrated ability to research and assimilate a large quantity of diverse information
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management, ability to work under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrated a solid understanding of technology and how it can be applied in a clinical environment an asset
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing process re-design
- Experience with established clinical/corporate application systems and clinical/business processes
- Experience supporting complex business/ clinical systems applications
- Experience with applicable Cerner Millennium applications or other clinical/corporate applications as relevant to the role preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s vision, purpose and values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Before beginning employment at LHSC, all new hires will be required to:
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis;
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step);
- Provide proof of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccination reflective of Ontario Health’s current definition of being fully vaccinated
- For more information visit https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/health-review-requirements
Please submit in one PDF document: Cover Letter and Resume
LHSC is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the Hospital, inclusive of our Staff and Patient experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on location, as required.
Please be advised, if you are seeking employment on a temporary work or study permit we recommend reviewing work permit restrictions as it applies to healthcare organizations in Canada. As per the Government of Canada, LHSC is considered a hospital/healthcare organization, even if an employee is functioning in a non-patient facing role. Individuals on a work or study permit seeking employment in this sector may be required to complete additional steps in the process, including but not limited to a medical exam, which may also apply to employees looking to renew their work permits. It is the employee’s accountability to ensure they are adhering to their specific work permit restrictions, and we encourage all candidates and LHSC employees to be proactive and review restrictions as soon as possible as it could be a lengthy process.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from equity-denied groups including Indigenous people, racialized people, women, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. LHSC is also committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive recruitment process. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to reasonably accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities, while maintaining a fair, consistent and equitable recruitment approach. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Recruitment Services at 519-685-8500, extension #34321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to complete an examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 6 months.