Date Posted: November 28, 2018
Position Title: Business Analyst, EMR Specifications
Location: Toronto, ON
Date closed: December 12, 2018
CPHIMS-CA: Not Required
Domain: Information Technology
Business Analyst, EMR Specifications
Permanent Full-Time; Job Band: 5
Do you feel energized by developing Ontario EMR Specifications? Or do you enjoy advancing mature use of EMRs? This is an exciting opportunity to join our Technology & Integration department as a Business Analyst, EMR Specifications and work in a position you thrive in!
The Business Analyst, EMR Specifications role is responsible for the development, support and ongoing evolution of Ontario EMR Specifications. Ontario EMR Specifications define functional and non-functional requirements for advancing mature use of EMRs.
Working closely with the EMR Certification Program team, your responsibilities will be:
• Supporting the ongoing updates and advancement of Ontario EMR Specifications
• Assisting in the development of requirements to connect EMRs to provincial EHR solutions and services
• Developing requirements that improve EMR Data quality and advance the exchange of EMR Data
• Leading and supporting workshops and meetings with subject matter experts from multiple stakeholders, organizations including EMR vendors, eHealth Ontario and clinicians to develop and validate EMR requirements
• Participating in project meetings to report on progress and issues management
• Supporting the EMR Validation team to refine and develop, where needed, validation scenarios and processes for updated and new EMR Specifications
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements that are important to us:
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Health Informatics and/or Information Technology or equivalent experience
• Five or more years’ experience of business analysis, requirements management, the software development lifecycle & QA methodologies are essential
• Ability to gather and translate between business and technical requirements in a clear & concise manner with strong attention to details
• Working knowledge of provincial and national health informatics standards such as FHIR and HL7v2
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal) and time management skills
• Two or more years of direct experience working in the Ontario Healthcare IT sector, with emphasis on Community Care, EMR vendors and EMR products
• Experienced in solving complex problems with innovative ideas and solutions
• Knowledge of Ontario EMR Specifications
• Broad understanding of Ontario EHR Products and Services
• Knowledge of requirements development, software development lifecycle and QA methodologies
• Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to effectively work independently and with a dynamic team.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes to email@example.com quoting Business Analyst, EMR Specifications in the subject line. Applications will be considered up until December 12, 2018 by 5:00 PM. For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.