Date Posted: February 20, 2019
Close Date: March 6, 2019
Position Title: Business Analyst, EMR Specification
CPHIMS-CA: Not Required
Domain: Analysis & Evaluation
Do you feel energized by developing Ontario EMR Specifications?
Or do you enjoy advancing mature user of EMRs? This is an exciting opportunity to join your Technology & Integration department as a Business Analyst, EMR Specifications and work in a position you thrive in! The Business Analyst, EMR Specifications role is responsible for the development, support and ongoing evolution of Ontario EMR Specifications. Ontario EMR Specifications define functional and non-functional requirements for advancing mature use of EMRs.
Working closely with the EMR Certification Program team, your responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the ongoing updates and advancement of Ontario EMR Specifications
- Assisting in the development of requirements to connect EMRs to provincial EHR solutions and services
- Developing requirements that improve EMR Data quality and advance the exchange of EMR Data
- Leading and supporting workshops and meetings with subject matter experts from multiple stakeholders, organizations including EMR vendors, eHealth Ontario and clinicians to develop and validate EMR requirements
- Participating in project meetings to report on progress and issues management
- Supporting the EMR Validation team to refine and develop, where needed, validation scenarios and processes for updated and new EMR Specifications.
Requirements that are important to us:
- Post-secondary education in Health Informatics, Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Five or more years’ experience as a business analyst, requirements management
- Two or more years of experience working in the Ontario Healthcare IT sector, with emphasis on Community Care, EMR vendors and EMR products
- Ability to gather and translate between business and technical requirements in a clear and concise manner with strong attention to details
- Working knowledge of provincial and national health informatics standards such as FHIR and HL7v2
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal) and time management skills
- Experienced in solving complex problems with innovative ideas and solutions
- Broad understanding of Ontario EHR Products and Services
- Knowledge of requirements development, software development lifecycle and QA methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to effectively work independently and with a dynamic team.
For further information, visit www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applications will be considered up until March 6, 2019 by 5:00 PM.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our website.