Job number: J0124-0890
Job title: Bilingual Data Coordinator (Client Services Associate)
Job Type: Contract
Location: Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1
Contract Duration: until March 2025
Date posted: January 30, 2024
Closing date: February 12, 2024
Range minimum: $63,730.00/year
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Learn about our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and the work being done to create a more inclusive and welcoming organization by focusing on how we learn, govern and practise.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Benefits Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
This position is shared between the Canadian Joint Replacement Registry (CJRR) and Canadian Organ Replacement Register (CORR) programs.
The Bilingual Client Service Associate is responsible for coordination of data submission activities to national clinical registries at CIHI and providing client support (including French-language support). Main activities include ensuring timely and high-quality submission and processing of data, providing client support to data submitters, maintaining client resource management information, and maintaining technical and educational documents. This role also works closely with CIHI’s Information Technology (IT) support teams to ensure the correct functioning of data submission systems and applications. Additional tasks may involve supporting program activities for key stakeholder meetings, annual data releases and special projects as needed.
What you’ll do
- Manages inboxes and provides direct client support, responding to a broad range of queries related to the data submission process, data elements, tools, and interpretation of error reports. The role also involves providing support to CIHI’s Clinical Administrative Databases teams for registry-related data submissions through those databases.
- Ensures registry data submissions are complete and enters data as needed. This includes reviewing data for errors and compliance with data submission standards and tracking data submission levels against historical trends.
- Provides business user support to CIHI’s IT team on data submission-related systems and applications for the Registries. This may include identifying issues, participating in meetings with IT staff to aid in the assessment and prioritization of issues, and updating technical documentation for applications.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of education material or other client communication material related to data submission. Works with CIHI’s Education team, as necessary.
- Provides French language support to other program area activities, such as reviewing documentation in French and translating communications as needed.
- Maintains client contact information for the Registries.
- Supports registry program activities as needed.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Health Service Management or Health Information Management or a related field
- Minimum two years’ experience working with data, client support and/or project coordination in health care or a related field
- Knowledge of the Canadian health systems and basic understanding of information systems in health care
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in both official languages is required
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our ‘Careers’ section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note the CIHI Recruiting Team uses email to communicate with applicants. Please make sure your profile has an updated email address that is checked regularly, including the junk/spam mail folder, as we send time sensitive emails (i.e. testing and interview bookings).