Application Specialist (EPIC)
Job Number: 108776
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: 293 Wellington
Organization: INFORMATION TECH
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 39.2500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 50.3200
Post Date: Oct 17, 2023, 12:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) – External: Oct 31, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
Health Information Technology Services (HITS) is a service based business unit delivering healthcare IT solutions to Hamilton Health Sciences and various healthcare partners. The HITS team uses technical expertise to offer practical, sustainable and high quality solutions to the Hospital and to support HHS in achieving our vision of Best Care for All.
The HITS department is looking to expand and we have a need for as many as 6 Application Specialists to bring their skills to our diverse group of technical experts.
The Application Specialist is responsible for the administration of software solutions. This includes the configuration and administration of the software system in support of the end user, the design and development of custom software solutions using a wide variety of development tools and database technologies and ensuring that appropriate standards, education, processes, systems and structures are applied. The Application Specialist will compile user requirements and analyze, specify, and validate client needs. This includes interviewing stakeholders and applying analytical and project management skills to ensure that deliverables are met. You will analyze and troubleshoot complex technical problems, and assist in the optimization of applications and the improvement of business processes.
HHS is a flexible hybrid work environment and there will be an expectation for you to be onsite in Hamilton as required. HHS offers an exceptional pension plan, comprehensive benefits and excellent growth opportunities. This is a chance to join a large, diverse IT department and to utilize your skills to have meaningful impacts on patient care.
Schedule Work Hours
Schedule Work Hours
Monday – Friday, days, rotating on-call support
- Successful completion of either a University Degree or College Diploma in an IT or Health Care related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience working in an IT related field is required
- 3+ years experience working in Health Care IT is preferred
- Epic software experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital information systems is preferred
- Demonstrated planning, analytical and interpretative skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team and a strong commitment to the client. Ability to maintain a professional attitude in demanding situations
- Demonstrated ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and provide issue resolution
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management and the ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
Below are the 3 teams that we are looking to fill. You may have the opportunity to be involved with more than one of these teams depending on your experience.
- Epic Integration Support team—The successful candidate(s) will focus on the implementation of integration solutions between our Epic HIS and third party systems and it will include HL7, FHIR as well as packaged and custom-built API integrations. You will become Epic bridges certified and you will support all aspects of our integration environment including our Biztalk integration engine. Knowledge and experience with HL7/FHIR standards and experience with a major integration engine is preferred.
- Epic Cogito Administration and SQL DBA team—The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the administration of the Epic Cogito SQL Warehouse platforms (Clarity/Caboodle/Slicer Dicer) as well as all other SQL instances across HHS. You will become Epic certified in Cogito administration. Your responsibilities will include new product design and deployment, performance management, upgrade testing and patch management. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is preferred.
- Solutions Development and Support team—Members of this team are responsible for the technical support of software solutions including the Epic ecosystem, M365 and PowerApps, SharePoint, Robotic Process Automation using UIPath as well as the many other solutions that integrate with Epic. This team is also responsible for developing new software solutions as well as managing our existing code library. Experience with the M365 power platform is beneficial but not required. Technical software support experience or Software development knowledge is preferred.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
- Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
- Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
- Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
- Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
- Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement