Job number: J1123-0783
Job title: Analyst, Indicator Research and Development
Job Type: Permanent Full time
Location: Toronto, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1
Date posted: November 16, 2023
Closing date: December 6, 2023
Range minimum: $63,730.00/year
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Learn about our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and the work being done to create a more inclusive and welcoming organization by focusing on how we learn, govern and practise.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Benefits Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
The analyst works as part of our analytic team to compile, verify, and analyze data for indicators, and disseminate results to diverse audiences. The analyst also helps define what the indicators will measure, contributes to analytical plans and literature reviews, supports migration of existing SAS programming code into the Python language, and helps with client requests.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated, collaborative and high performing team that fosters and prioritizes mentorship, growth and development of its members.
The Indicator Research and Development team develops indicators on many aspects of health system performance to promote quality improvement across Canada. This includes work that supports the Common Statement of Principles on Shared Health Priorities, which focuses on improving access to mental health and substance use services, and to home and community care.
What you’ll do
- Conducts analyses required for new indicator development, investigation, and/or verification of the indicator results.
- Participates in the methodological discussions related to indicator development, including literature reviews.
- Assists with dissemination of health indicator data, including, but not limited to, preparation of the data for reporting.
- Maintains technical documentation. Prepares other relevant documentation and summaries as required.
- Assists with the identification of user requirements for statistical data and deals appropriately with internal and external stakeholders when responding to requests for information.
- Assists with other projects, special studies, ad-hoc reports, articles for publication or presentations, as required.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of CIHI’s data holdings, related data held by other organizations, and tools used by CIHI to access these data holdings.
- Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques, health services and population health research, and stakeholder information needs.
- Participates on CIHI project teams as required.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree in health information, statistics or similar field. Graduate degree in health services research, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics or similar field is an asset.
- 1 to 3 years of professionally related experience.
- Experience in the manipulation and analysis of statistical data from administrative health databases.
- Experience with SAS, R or Python.
- Experience in the preparation of statistical and descriptive reports.
- Knowledge of the Canadian health care system.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our ‘Careers’ section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note the CIHI Recruiting Team uses email to communicate with applicants. Please make sure your profile has an updated email address that is checked regularly, including the junk/spam mail folder, as we send time sensitive emails (i.e. testing and interview bookings).