Job Title: Accounting Coordinator
JobType: Contract – 12-Month Maternity Leave
Job Band: 3
The Accounting Coordinator provides transactional and analytical accounting support to the Manager, Corporate Planning & Administration with emphasis on accounts payable processing, month end close activities and being OntarioMD’s SME on employee expenses.
Working closely with the Manager, Corporate Planning & Administration, your responsibilities will be:
- Point Person for staff for expense submission through Concur software
- Liaise with OMA Finance for Concur issues
- Process accounts payable in financial system (Microsoft Business Central)
- Prepare monthly expense accruals
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Prepare various financial reconciliations and internal management reports
- Complete financial analysis of general ledger and vendor accounts
- Manage signing authority delegations in financial systems when staff are away
- Maintain digital and hard copy procurement files
- Prepare consultant agreement for approval and signature
- Track contracts to budget and for expiry dates
- Backup Manager, Corporate Planning & Administration in administering procurements
- Maintain digital and hard copy company policy manual
- Process staff hire/transfer/termination documents
- Co-ordinate retrieval of company assets from exiting staff
- Maintain inventory log of non-capitalized equipment assigned to employees
- Maintain Finance SharePoint page
- Manage office key card distribution
- Order and maintain control of office supply inventory
- Process business card/stationary orders
Requirements that are important to us:
- Secondary education in accounting/finance preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting/finance area in a corporate environment which includes a minimum of 1 year experience using Business Central and Concur OR a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting/finance area in a corporate environment using multiple different financial information systems
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a professional manner
- Ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential, controversial or sensitive nature
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Flexible and self-directed; ability to function productively in an unstructured & fast-paced environment
Benefits we think you’ll like…..
- Fantastic opportunity to grow within the team and throughout the organization
- Professional development and continuous in-house learning opportunities
- Fun, friendly and dynamic work environment with a passion for digital health
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional group benefits package paid by the organization
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply online through our careers page by November 28, 2021.
For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. OntarioMD fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. OntarioMD welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Following the advice of provincial health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
OntarioMD does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.