Digital Marketing & Communication Specialist
Job Band: 4
The Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist is an experienced digital communicator able to design, create, and deliver marketing programs to support expansion and growth of the company services and products. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of OntarioMD’s marketing priorities and goals as well as knowledge of digital marketing strategies and tactics. This knowledge is applied to the selection of the right strategies and tactics to promote OMD’s products and services. The role acts as a digital communications advisor to internal stakeholders, provides expertise on digital marketing and communications, understands Ontario’s health care system, and develops communications plans, strategies, and digital marketing campaigns to increase awareness among physicians, other clinicians, and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for:
Under the direction of the CEO, the role will include the following responsibilities:
Digital Marketing Activities
- Assists in developing and executing digital marketing campaigns that contribute to overall brand awareness and lead generation initiatives leveraging various digital platforms such as SharePoint, OMD portal, Vimeo, and social media.
- Supports the execution of digital marketing campaigns.
- Maintains corporate and OMD product and service digital content.
- Develops the Front-End of web applications, web forms and the HTML for the campaigns.
- Designs digital intake forms that are being integrated with CRM.
- Updates social media pages.
- Assists in the creation of on-brand marketing print campaigns
- Creates new innovative online collateral to market external OMD events to increase attendance using all available online channels.
- Manages email databases and lists as well as unsubscribes to ensure compliance with CASL.
- Understands latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
- Provides digital marketing advice to internal client groups.
Digital Communications Activities
- Writes and implements communication plans for select OMD products and services or smaller one-off initiatives.
- Codes and executes all mass email communications for OMD products, services and events.
- Supports adoption of innovative communications methods with the goal of improving execution and outcomes.
- Researches, writes, and edits content for email blasts, website content, social media, briefing notes, meeting minutes, blog posts, etc., as required.
- Updates the internal SharePoint homepage as well as the Communications and Marketing pages.
- Develops productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their communications needs.
- Liaises with the OMA and other suppliers for printing and shipping printed marketing campaigns.
- Updates internal and external event calendars on SharePoint.
Portal Support Activities
- Executes front-end web development for ontariomd.ca, working closely with the DEV, Q&A, and Applications teams.
- Regularly updates ontariomd.ca, including custom landing pages, with UX/UI in mind
- Troubleshoots ontariomd.ca (test and prod portals) to ensure that it is regularly updated, is running smoothly, and the external media embedding features work.
- Creates and implements new wireframes for the portal using the latest trends.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders to implement changes to their respective webpage and navigation.
- Consistently streamlines all the portal pages to comply with AODA (using AODA compliance checker websites, Azure, etc.).
- Uses A/B testing frameworks like Google Optimize.
- Designs digital intake forms integrated with a payment system.
- Builds a user-friendly event app for OMD conferences using third-party platforms
- Manages Google Analytics reports & Dashboards.
- Compiles regular progress reports for event status, metrics, etc.
- Contributes communications, marketing, and event statistics for OMD’s Annual Report as well as communications and marketing quarterly metrics reports.
- Collaborates with the CRM team to provide digital marketing insights when executing brand awareness campaigns (i.e., UTM Codes, A/B testing, QR codes, etc.).
- Analyzes brand, market, and competitive trends, and develops these insights into achievable plans.
- Assists in event promotion, event day management and execution for internal events and external events
- Manages data / lists specific to events and stakeholders to distribute information to internal stakeholders
Requirements that are important to us:
- 3-5 years in a communication, digital marketing or public relations role.
- Knowledge of content management systems (HTML, CSS, Java Script, Bootstrap, SharePoint, WordPress).
- Proficiency in graphics, web advertising, social media and web development is a must.
- Knowledge of AODA and CASL is essential.
- Knowledge of other sites and applications like Survey Monkey, Wufoo, MailChimp and app creating platforms is essential.
- A background in digital graphic design is an asset (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with a wide range of marketing practices, concepts, and procedures.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple portfolios simultaneously.
- Excellent research, writing, editing and oral communications/presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of professionals.
- Good photography and videography skills is an asset.
- Good understanding of the Ontario health care sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of working in the public sector or broader public sector is an asset.
Benefits we think you’ll like…..
- Fantastic opportunity to grow within the team and throughout the organization
- Professional development and continuous in-house learning opportunities
- Fun, friendly and dynamic work environment with a passion for digital health
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional group benefits package paid by the organization
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply online through our careers page. Applications will be considered up until August 8, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OntarioMD is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.
All candidates offered a position with OntarioMD from December 3, 2021, onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination as a condition of employment. OntarioMD will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
Following the advice of provincial health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
OntarioMD does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.