OntarioMD is looking for a Director, Business Development to join our team! Do you feel energized by building strategic partnerships, revenue and new and exciting business lines for an organization? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join our Business Development team and work in a position you thrive in!
The Director, Business Development is a new position that will play an essential role in providing leadership and building out business development activities at OntarioMD. Reporting to the Vice-President, and engaging heavily with the Senior Executive Team, the Director will be responsible for the identification/recommendation and formulation of new products and services, and new strategic partnerships – including expanding current products and services and OntarioMD reach across Canada. The Director’s priorities include developing plans and options that drive increased and diversified revenue streams and business lines for OntarioMD; including research, business modeling, strategic analysis, proposal development and senior stakeholder buy-in.
Working closely with the VP, Business Development & Stakeholder Relations, your responsibilities will be:
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of OntarioMD, its unique role in digital health leadership, its customers’ needs and interests, resources, and stakeholder landscape
- Leads environment scans, market research, and competitive analyses, interpreting findings into developing business opportunities
- Working with the VP, develops a full sales-cycle plan to conceptualize, quantify, qualify and prioritize business opportunities, draft and executes on business development strategy, mechanisms, resourcing and structures to support OntarioMD’s corporate strategy
- Identify, establish and nurture strategic partnerships
- Drives revenue growth to support OntarioMD’s diversification and growth strategy by developing and analyzing potential business models to find opportunities for value creation and delivery
- Develops financial plans to project sales forecast and costing estimates
- Through broad scale consensus, develops high level implementation, resourcing and marketing plans in collaboration with corporate team
- Develops and manages team resources to deliver on objectives
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders throughout the business development process
- Creates business plans that advance relevant OntarioMD needs (member value, brand growth, and satisfaction metrics) and outlines strategies for growth opportunities
- Creates strong, influential presentations and other supporting materials to facilitate the review, buy in and approval process that includes Senior Mgmt., Boards of Directors, partners/vendors and other system stakeholders as required.
- Contributes to developing collateral for relevant events, industry workshops, thought leadership
Requirements that are important to us:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business development in information technology or consulting/business advisory services with a proven steady record of delivering $2 – $4 million per year in top-line sales, including developing new and profitable revenue streams and/or partnerships
- MBA preferred or equivalent in relevant discipline (BComm or BSc (Comp Science) combined with comparable work experience
- Experience as a self-starter and team builder with a minimum 5 years of people management experience of a business development team with the ability to set targets and constructively inspire a team to deliver on these
- Experience and demonstrated success in the creation and implementation of business development strategy that deliver on revenue objectives and measurable outcomes
- Excellent client engagement and negotiation skills with proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Excellent verbal and written communication, persuasion, presentation and organizational skills for a variety of executive and middle management audiences
- Demonstrated success in authoring and implementing business cases that deliver revenue objectives and other tangible outcomes
- Strong positive, collaborative, results-oriented, and ownership mindset with a habit of continuous improvement
- Experience in assessing risk to an organization and creating mitigations is an asset.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including requirements analysis and financial modeling
- Demonstrated ability to work as a successful team player across the organization
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply online through our Careers Page. Applications will be considered up until June 25, 2020 by 5:00 PM.
For further information, visit our website at www.ontariomd.ca. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OntarioMD is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OntarioMD does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.