- This event has passed.
Webinar Wednesday – Supporting Innovation in Community Social Services, Community Mental Health and Long-Term Care
April 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
April 24, 2019 – Supporting Innovation in Community Social Services, Community Mental Health and Long-Term Care – This presentation highlights some of VitalHub’s customers and their innovative use of our technologies to support their business transformation projects. This is a 3 part “rapid fire” session introducing VitalHub and its customers. The sessions will introduce using the Blockchain in the Mental Health communityin south-western Ontario, a provincial initiative in Nova Scotia to develop a coordinated care plan management approachfor social services and implementation of DOCit a mobile app that assists with care management and in the long-term care setting
- VitalHub introduction with Peter Catford, Chief Strategy Officer, VitalHub Corp – Peter offers more than 30 years of experience in healthcare information systems development and deployment of EHR software in over 85 organizations across North America.
- Section One: Implementation of Coordinated Care in social services using TREAT with Muhammad Azam, Portfolio Director of Service Delivery Modernization and Digital Transformation at Nova Scotia Department of Community Services – Muhammad Azam (“Azam”) has worked in Canadian Health and Human Services sector for nearly 10 years withan overall 21 years of experience in private and public sector. In his current role as Portfolio Director of Service Delivery Modernization and Digital Transformation at NS Department of Community Services (DCS), his focus is driving the renewal of the way the department does business, serves its clients and measures its success. This includes implementation of collaborative practices for care providers to ensure continuum of care, deployment of various enterprise technology platforms, digital access for Nova Scotians, and real time data analytics for care providers for better decision making at point of service.
- Section Two: Use of WellLinc Blockchain to exchange health information between providers of mental-health services with Dr. Paula Reaume-Zimmer, VP Mental Health and Addictions, Bluewater Health and CMHA Lambton-Kent – Dr. Paula Reaume-Zimmer currently holds a unique leadership role as Integrated Vice President, for Mental Health and Addictions at Bluewater Health and the Canadian Mental Health Association Lambton-Kent. The majority of her efforts are focused on the design and delivery of MH&A interventions and systems planning.
- Section Three: Improving workflow, the quality of care and staff efficiency with the Mobile App DOCit with Debby Riepert, Chief Operating Officer, Trinity Village, Lutheran Homes – Debby Riepert is the Chief Operating Officer at Trinity Village, an 11 acre not for profit registered charity continuum of care site. Consisting of long-term care, supportive housing, town homes, and adult day program in Kitchener. Debby has worked at Trinity Village for more than 34 years. She is continuously seeking ways to improve the lives of Trinity Village residents and improve the work environment for staff “Work smarter not harder.” The primary goal that drives her performance is a commitment to making Trinity Village both a great place to work and live especially those with dementia.
Please note that registration closes at 9AM EST on the day of the webinar. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about webinar registration.
One of our most popular member benefits, Webinar Wednesdays bring valuable content to Digital Health Canada members every week. Each webinar is presented by a digital health expert sharing innovative ideas, best practices, or details of a successful project. Webinars are presented each Wednesday from noon-1PM. Access details are provided via confirmation email upon registration. Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 647.775.8555. #webinarwednesdays
- Register for entire Spring Session here
- Webinar Wednesdays are held 12PM-1PM Eastern Time
- Webinar Wednesdays are a benefit for members only, unless stated otherwise.
- Non-members interested in attending a webinar can join Digital Health Canada and then immediately register for any webinar for free.
- CPHIMS-CAs can earn one CE hour toward credential renewal by attending this webinar.