- This event has passed.
Webinar Wednesday: Using Computer Simulation to Design, Test and Refine Hospital Capacity Plans
July 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
July 15, 2020 – Using Computer Simulation to Design, Test and Refine Hospital Capacity Plans – Carolyn Busby & Azadeh Mostaghel, ORCHID Analytics and Cliff Harvey, Niagara Health
The complexity of hospital patient flow makes capacity planning difficult. Plans are often split into manageable pieces with rule of thumb calculations used to plan each element. It is difficult to envision how all the pieces come together to meet the projected needs of the community. In addition, typical capacity calculations do not sufficiently consider the impact of variations in arrival rates, length of stay, patient pathways and seasonality. Computer Simulation brings all the pieces together, simulating the flow of patients through the future hospital using simple parameters. Bottlenecks in the system and incongruency of current plans are surfaced via simulation. Cliff Harvey from Niagara Health will join Carolyn Busby and Azadeh Mostaghel of ORCHID Analytics to discuss how computer simulation was used to bring the planning parameters and projections of the New South Niagara hospital to life and allow refinements.
- Registrants dial in to #webinarwednesdays from 12PM-1PM EST (please note that registration closes at 11AM EST on the day of the webinar)
- CPHIMS-CAs can earn one CE hour toward credential renewal by attending this webinar
- Not a member of Digital Health Canada? Join today and enjoy complimentary registration for all #webinarwednesdays
- Register for the complete series of #webinarwednesdays here
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or call 647.775.8555