- This event has passed.
CHIEF Executive Forum Virtual Fall Symposium – Day 1
October 15 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
October 15 – 3:30pm– 5pm ET – Virtual Care in Canada: Implementing a National Lexicon and Maturity Model
CHIEF Executive Forum leaders recognized and discussed the challenges and opportunities associated with the recent accelerated deployment of virtual care services across Canada. Now, CHIEF members are taking action through dedicated working groups developing tools to assist Canadian professionals and patients with information and resources. Today’s panel will catalyze discussion on the draft National Lexicon to describe virtual care services across Canada and the emerging Maturity Model framework. CHIEF executive Forum members will gain insight and take away ideas to sustain their innovation in virtual care and create alignment, direction, and decision-making support across Canada.
Pre-read materials developed by CHIEF Advisory Committee Working Group to include (Oct 14):
- (draft) Pan-Canadian lexicon for virtual care. This lexicon is aimed to explore the terms and concepts related to virtual care in Canada, their definitions, and the context of use.
- (draft) Virtual Care Maturity Model to assist in operationalizing leading practices and recommendations and help organizations develop strategic virtual care implementation plans
- Ewan Affleck, Senior Medical advisor – Health Informatics, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Alberta
- Elizabeth Keller, CHIEF Executive Forum Advisory Committee Member, VP Business Development, OntarioMD
- Dr. Sacha Bhatia, Director of Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care
- Alvaro Mestre, VP of Account Management, Canada Health Infoway
- Leslee Thompson, CEO, Accreditation Canada & Health Standards Organization
- Anne O’Roiddan, Patient advocate