6th Annual Calgary Winter Digital Health Canada/ANHIX Conference
February 6 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MST
6th Annual Digital Health Canada/ANHIX Calgary Winter Conference
Enabling Effective Community Healthcare
In order to address the combination of increasing healthcare delivery costs, an aging population, and a higher level of acuity in the community caseload, the trend towards moving healthcare delivery outside the walls of traditional hospitals and institutions must be accelerated—and community care providers must be included as an equal partner within the patient’s circle of care. Patient encounters and clinical interventions must be shared with the circle of care regardless of where they occur.
Attendees will explore the issues and opportunities of delivering effective care in the community, examine current Alberta initiatives that are impacting this area, and look at the technology innovations that are making this possible.
The conference will attract leaders, thinkers, senior executives, and individuals within the health space from Calgary and the surrounding area.
Download the Program
The Value of an Integrated Community Health Record A large investment is being made to integrate community health data into the Alberta provincial health record. This panel will discuss the benefits vs. the costs and how the data may be used to enable more effective community healthcare.
Improvements to the Treatment of Mental Health Illness in the Community Healthcare is complex, with a vast range of available services. Providing care becomes even more complex when mental health issues are also present, and mental health patients often end up in acute care settings. This panel will discuss the challenges that need to be overcome in order to better treat mental illness in the community.
Disruptive Technologies Promising to Impact Community Healthcare Delivery In a world full of emerging technologies, which ones will enable more effective community healthcare? This session takes a closer look at some emerging technologies and debate which ones are most likely to create positive disruption.
- Barb Kathol, Senior Program Officer, Alberta Health Services
- Tim Murphy, Vice President, Provincial Platforms, Alberta Innovates
- Meaghan Nolan, Co-Founder, Mikata Health
- Dr. Damon Ramsey, Physician, healthcare futurist, Input Health
- Dr. Michael Trew, Senior Medical Director, Alberta Health Services
- Doug Vincent, Provincial Director, Alberta Health Services
- Howard Waldner, Dean of Health, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Rohit Joshi, CEO, BrightSquid
- Susan Anderson, Managing Partner, Orion Health
- Dr. David Tano, Psychiatrist, Alberta Health Services
- Sonya Stasiuk, Director, Alberta Health Services
- Paul Twigg, VP, Technology, Sierra Systems
- Earlybird Digital Health Canada/ANHIX Members (before January 4, 2018): $119
- Digital Health Canada/ANHIX Members (after January 5th): $169
- Non-members: $219
- Students: $45 (Limited Number of Student Tickets Available)
- ANHIX Members: to receive member price, please obtain discount code from ANHIX. If you are both a Digital Health Canada Member and ANHIX Member, you automatically receive the member price, please do not use the discount code
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Thank-you to our sponsors
ANHIX Patron Sponsors