Ahead of the Curve, Vancouver 2018 Conference
February 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
The way health services are delivered, personalized, accessed, and funded is changing rapidly. Solutions to the challenges posed by aging populations and increased demand for health services are arriving from machine learning and artificial intelligence, and both clinicians and consumers are rethinking healthcare access and delivery to incorporate connected personal health services, new devices, and increasing amounts data.
Delivering value to health system stakeholders will come from innovation partnerships that find new ways to connect traditional and emerging players. Digital Health Canada is working to drive innovation by strengthening existing connections and facilitate new relationships. This event brings together professionals, organizations, and ideas from across the Vancouver digital health landscape.
Attendees at the Vancouver Ahead of the Curve Conference on February 8, 2018 will connect with existing communities and initiate new relationships within both traditional and emerging segments of health and healthcare in the greater Vancouver area.
- Joyce Drohan, Managing Director and PwC’s Analytics Consulting Leader and Healthcare Practice Leader for British Columbia
- Organizations understand need for digital innovation and modernization to deliver on their mission and goals – and to engage their stakeholders, partners, and clients in efficient, effective, and inspiring experiences
- Available technologies have created opportunities for entirely new ways to deliver services and potential to disrupt the status quo
- Leaders are challenged to view innovation as a top-level strategic lever for future-focused planning and investment rather than an operational cost to be managed from within the organization
- This panel shares examples of board and c-level leadership on digital innovation and presents elements for implementing an innovation governance model
Data: Moving from Volume to Value
- Health leaders are driving the shift from volume to value in health and evolving care delivery models
- Transformational shifts in health data management are necessary to realize this vision
- Data is needed for clinical decisions, for training algorithms, for personalized medicine and health
- This panel describes their experiences and proactive steps to address challenges of bringing together disparate sources of data and organizational assets to unlock real value
Consumer-directed Health Management
- Every aspect of health is becoming digitized and empowered (or disrupted) via clinical innovations, new processes, and the application of emerging technologies.
- Today, Canadian citizens are gaining access to health services and information through a growing number of channels – including physical and virtual access points via traditional providers and new entrants.
- This panel explores intersection points between consumer-driven access, retail health, virtual care, and innovative extensions of traditional care models
- Mark Faktor, Senior Director, Business Development, Think Research
- Dr. Alexandra T. Greenhill, Founder, CEO, Chief Medical Officer, Careteam Technologies Inc.
- Todd Kalyniuk, Partner, Healthcare Transformation, IBM
- Tom Kim, Board of Directors, Fraser Health
- Dr. Douglas Kingsford, Chief Medical Information Officer and Executive Medical Director, Interior Health
- Dr. Victoria Lee, Vice President, Population Health and Chief Medical Health Officer, Fraser Health
- Shannon Malovec, Principal, Patient Engagement, TELUS Health
- Daniel Penn, Founder and CEO, Tickit Health
- Earlybird Digital Health Canada Members (before January 4, 2018): $199
- Digital Health Canada Members (starting January 5th): $249
- Non-members: $299
- Students: $75 (Limited Number of Student Tickets Available)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank-you to our sponsors