The Canadian Health Informatics Awards (CHIA) pay tribue to excellence, leadership and innovation in health informatics and digital health. An impartial adjudication committee of digital health leaders evaluate CHIA nominations and choose the recipient(s) for all awards.. In the event that all submissions in a particular category are deemed to not have met the criteria, the adjudication committee may choose not to give out the award. The CHIA Gala is a key part of the annual e-Health Conference and Tradeshow, Canada’s only national digital health event.
2016 CHIA Winners
- Clinician Leadership – Dr. Kendall Ho, Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of British Columbia
- Corporate Citizenship – Gevity Consulting Inc.
- Emerging Leader in Health Informatics – Lauren Bell, Team Lead, eHealth Strategy and Investment Branch, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Excellence in Canadian Telehealth – British Columbia First Nations Telehealth Expansion Project
- Innovation in the Adoption of Health Informatics – Jodi Glassford, Director, Closed Loop Referral Management, Access Improvement, Alberta Health Services Project: eReferral Vendor: Orion Health
- Dr. Kathryn J. Hannah Nursing Informatics Scholarship – Gillian Strudwick, PhD Candidate, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto
- Leadership in the Field of Health Informatics – Syed Sibte Raza Abidi, PhD, Director of Health Informatics & Professor of Computer Science and Medicine, Dalhousie University
- Patient Care Innovation (Team) – No winner in 2016
- Project Implementation (Team) – Good Samaritan Society – Corporate Office (Edmonton), MEDITECH and Healthtech Consultants, Financial System Implementation Project
- Innovation and Care Delivery (Team) – First Nations Inuit Health Branch, Health Canada, Alberta Health Services, Alberta Health, Canadian Institute for Health Information, First Nations Alberta Technical Services Advisory Group, interRAI and Momentum Healthware, Care Planning Tools Changing Practice Among Alberta First Nations Communities Project
- Steven Huesing Scholarship – Gurprit Randhawa, PhD Candidate in Health Informatics, University of Victoria