The Canadian Health Informatics Awards (CHIA) pay tribue to excellence, leadership and innovation in health informatics and digital health. An impartial adjudication committee of digital health leaders evaluate CHIA nominations and choose the recipient(s) for all awards.. In the event that all submissions in a particular category are deemed to not have met the criteria, the adjudication committee may choose not to give out the award. The CHIA Gala is a key part of the annual e-Health Conference and Tradeshow, Canada’s only national digital health event.
2015 CHIA Winners
- Clinician Leadership – Dr Ilan Fischler, Staff Psychiatrist, Geriatric & Neuropsychiatry Program, & Medical Director, Clinical Informatics, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Corporate Citizenship – Gevity Consulting Inc.
- Emerging Leader in Health Informatics – Sanaz Riahi, Director. Professional Practice & Clinical Information, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Excellence in Canadian Telehealth – no winner in 2015
- Innovation in the Adoption of Health Informatics – Hospital Report Manager, OntarioMD
- Dr. Kathryn J. Hannah Nursing Informatics Scholarship – no winner in 2015
- Leadership in the Field of Health Informatics – Kathryn Hannah, PhD , President, HECS Inc; Adjunct Professor, School of Nursing, University of Victoria; Informatics Nursing Advisor, Canadian Nurses Association & Executive Project Lead, C-HOBIC.
- Project Team Implementation – The Palliative Care Project Team, University Health Network & Strata Health
- Project Team Innovation and Care Delivery – The iCare Project Team, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Cerner Canada & Deloitte
- Project Team Patient Care Innovation – The Northumberland PATH Community Partnership Team, Northumberland Hills Hospital & McKesson Canada
- Steven Huesing Scholarship – Amina Russell, Masters of Health Informatics Student, Dalhousie University