COVID-19 Information Resources
Please consider this page your go-to source for links to trusted information about COVID-19 and how to manage your response and stay productive. Let’s work together to support front-line healthcare workers as they help Canadians navigate the complex, challenging landscape of social distancing and pandemic preparedness.Public Health Resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada COVID-19 information
- British Columbia Public Health
- Alberta Health
- Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Manitoba Public Health
- Ontario Public Health
- Ontario Self Assessment Tool
- Toronto Public Health
- New Brunswick Public Health
- Nova Scotia Public Health
- Prince Edward Island Public Health
- Newfoundland and Labrador Public Health
- Nunavut Health
- Northwest Territories Health
- Yukon Territory
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 613-722-6914 or 1-866-996-0991
- Ontario Mental Health Helpline/Connex Ontario: 1-866-531-2600
- Bell Let’s Talk
- Ontario Psychological Association
- Big White Wall
- CBT Associates
Webinar Wednesdays, a popular benefit reserved for Digital Health Canada members, will be made available to everyone for viewing while we share digital health solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more and register here.
- Certified Nursing Assistant hand-washing guide
One of the best ways to keep you and your family healthy is by properly washing your hands. Despite being taught to wash our hands as children, many of us don’t know the proper techniques for washing our hands correctly, or how often we should be performing this important task. We’ll walk you through the proper steps as laid out by the leading health organizations around the globe such as the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
- CyberRisk Management
While you and your teams work around the clock on solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic, malicious agents are looking for opportunities to attack you and your customers. Small and medium sized businesses are especially vulnerable. CyberRisk Management by Privacy Horizon and Alexio is a turnkey solution supported by a team of certified privacy and security experts. They will worry about privacy and cybersecurity while you focus on building and marketing your solutions.
- Guide: Information Technology Considerations for a Disease Outbreak
This guide highlights some of the information technology (IT) and information security (IS) issues that organizations should consider as part of their preparations for an epidemic outbreak. Prepared by the Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security (AEHIS) Incident Response Committee.
- AWS public data lake for analysis of COVID-19 data
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to threaten and take lives around the world, we must work together across organizations and scientific disciplines to fight this disease. Innumerable healthcare workers, medical researchers, scientists, and public health officials are already on the front lines caring for patients, searching for therapies, educating the public, and helping to set policy. At AWS, we believe that one way we can help is to provide these experts with the data and tools needed to better understand, track, plan for, and eventually contain and neutralize the virus that causes COVID-19.
- AWS Diagnostic Development Initiative
AWS has invested $20 million to develop faster COVID-19 testing. The AWS Diagnostic Development Initiative (DDI) provides support for innovation in rapid and accurate patient testing for 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and other diagnostic solutions to mitigate future outbreaks. Although vaccine and treatment development research is generally funded by private foundations and government agencies, fast and reliable diagnostic techniques are slow to be developed. Accurate testing and diagnosis at point-of-care or regional locations for patients with COVID-19 is critical to early intervention and treatment. AWS is offering technical support and providing AWS promotional credits to support the use of AWS services to advance diagnostic research for selected institutions and companies.
- Amazon WorkSpaces
Managed, secure desktop-as-a-service. Easily provision Linux & Windows desktops in minutes. Support increased work from home needs.
- Amazon Connect
Cloud contact center. These virtual call centers can be deployed to manage a sudden surge in capacity demands for inbound and outbound calls.
- Amazon Chime
Online meetings, video conferencing, calls, and chats. We are supporting Amazon Chime free pro licenses for new customers with an AWS account for 90 days.
- Microsoft Canada – Supporting Canadian Healthcare
Details the different solutions, offers, and resources (webinars, blogs, news) available for healthcare organizations as they build/optimize their COVID-19 response plans.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Telemedicine and virtual care guidelines (and other clinical resources for COVID-19)
- Virtual Care Tools for Physician Practices
OntarioMD public access site to help practices content the spread of COVID-19.
- eHealth Centre of Excellence COVID-19
If you are practising in the Ontario Health – West Region, the eHealth Centre of Excellence has mobilized to help educate and onboard based on experienced gathered through participation in the Enhanced Access to Primary Care (EAPC) program.
- Bounce Back (Ontario) and Bridge the gApp (Newfoundland and Labrador)
Mental Health Resources
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and diabetes: What you should know
Guidance for individuals on contacting their healthcare provider by phone or portal as an alternative to a physical visit from Diabetes Canada.
- Digital Diabetes Care
More resources from Diabetes Canada.
- Videoconference and Teleconference Tools to Support Virtual Care
This document from Canada Health Infoway identifies key features of several videoconferencing products in order to inform decisions about what tools to use, if any, to support virtual care; also offers privacy guidance on the use of these tools and point in time information – products and service offerings change regularly; the most current product information should be considered when evaluating these tools.
- Government of Canada
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- UK National Health Service
- Journal of the American Medical Association
- AMA Guide for Physicians
- Harvard Medical School’s Resource Center
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Guide
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (an agency of the European Union)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources (Commonwealth of Australia Department of Health)
- Ministry of Health Singapore
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Government of India)