By Matt Smith, Infoway
Now in its 18th year, the e-Health Conference continues to provide a unique opportunity for attendees to collaborate under one roof with professionals from technical, policy and business backgrounds. Whether you go for the keynote presenters and expert panelists or the receptions and social events, there is no shortage of ways to stay connected with Canada’s digital health leaders.
If you are considering registering, but are still not convinced, have a look at our top five reasons to attend e-Health 2018:
- Discover new research and education opportunities — e-Health 2018 has over 250 abstract presentations and presenters, including sessions that cover trending topics such as Block Chain, mHealth, mental health, connected care and much more. The program features an exciting line-up of oral presentations, rapid fire and panel sessions as well as a variety of electronic posters, allowing you to gather valuable insights to share with your colleagues.
- Gain a better perspective of the work going on in different regions — Health care professionals from across Canada convene during e-Heath to discuss both small- and large-scale projects happening at local, regional and national levels. Key takeaways from these discussions can often provide exposure to best practices or new policies of which you or your organization might not otherwise be aware.
- Watch hackers build solutions to frontline health care problems using emerging technologies — Hacking Health will again play a prominent role at e-Health. Watch live as designers, clinicians, developers and engineers work on innovative prototypes that have the potential to make a lasting impact on the health care system. If you are looking for an in depth analysis of the projects, you can also join the meet and greet and interact with many of the Hacking Health participants.
- Get direct access to industry leaders at the conference tradeshow — Several vendors that specialize in areas such as medical software, terminology services and patient information solutions are already confirmed to be exhibitors this year. Since the e-Health tradeshow features a diverse cast of health care technology vendors, it is the perfect environment for you and your organization to develop new partnerships.
- Grow your social media reach and extend your influence — With upwards of 1,500 delegates now attending the e-Health conference, there is not a better time to have your voice heard by a diverse audience. Whether you want to increase awareness of your brand or generate buzz for a new project, connecting with conference attendees through social media is sure to boost your profile.
The e-Health 2018 Conference and Tradeshow will be held at the brand new JW Marriott Parq Vancouver from May 27-30. Visit the e-Health website for more information. We hope to see you there!
Matt works with the digital marketing and social media team at Infoway and helps communicate the benefits of digital health to Canadians. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication and a Diploma in Multimedia Production.