The Digital Health Canada Board Development Committee is now inviting Digital Health Canada members in good standing to put their name forward for election to four (4) available positions on the Board of Directors.
Digital Health Canada strives to have a diverse Board including individuals from across the major regions of Canada with equitable gender representation, clinician representation, telehealth representation and a mix of professional experiences (career level diversity). Nominations must be received at the Digital Health Canada National Office no later than 5 p.m. EST Friday March 1, 2019.
- The Form of Nomination & Consent and a photo must be uploaded within the online nomination. Link to download the Form of Nomination and Consent here.
The nominated Digital Health Canada member must provide his/her signed consent on this form. Members must be nominated by at least three (3) other Digital Health Canada members in good standing. All nominators must also sign the form. If the nominators are unable to sign the same copy of the form due to location, etc., they can sign different copies. All copies must be signed by the nominees and uploaded as part of the nomination.
- Nominations must be submitted online. Link to the online Nomination Form here.
- There are four (4) 2019 – 2021 Board of Directors positions open for election. Should more than four nominations be accepted, an election will be conducted by online election.
- Nominations close March 1, 2019
- Candidates on the roster for Board of Directors will be notified March 5, 2019 and campaigning shall begin.
- An online election will take place between April 8 – 19, 2019
- Those who have been elected to the Board of Directors will be notified by April 29, 2019
Digital Health Canada Board members are elected for a two-year term and are then eligible for re-election for up to three additional terms. They are required to:
- Attend approximately four face-to-face Board meetings per year (April, June, October, January)
- Participate in teleconferences as necessary (usually two to three per year)
- Chair or act as liaison to one of the standing Committees of the Board or a task force
- Participate in strategic planning
- Be willing to actively participate in Digital Health Canada activities and make a contribution to the industry.
The Digital Health Canada Board is a strategic board, and the CEO and National Office team provide strong operational support. In return for sitting on the Board, members will be able to actively contribute to and influence the development and advancement of the Canadian digital health industry by ensuring that Digital Health Canada remains a strong and respected organization. Board members also contribute to their own personal and professional growth. Being a Digital Health Canada Board member may well be one of the most fulfilling professional development opportunities of your career.
Digital Health Canada’s 2017 – 2020 Strategy provides the overarching direction and foundation upon which Digital Health Canada’s plans, programs, and resources will be focused for the next three years. These include:
- Enhance Membership Value Through Network Growth and Connections. Digital Health Canada will deliver high membership value through a large, integrated professional network that includes traditional sectors, new segments, and innovative service offerings.
- Connect Communities (Digital and Physical). Digital Health Canada will deepen existing and build new relationships with partners to improve access to information, enhance value exchange, and develop regional infrastructure to support member activity.
- Empower Professional Development and Advocacy. Digital Health Canada will support members through professional development at the individual and organizational level and advocate for the Canadian digital health industry.
- Implement Digital Business Platform. Digital Health Canada will operate effectively and efficiently with technology- enabled services to engage and support membership needs seamlessly.
- Build Brand Awareness and Brand Value. The Digital Health Canada brand is recognized, valued, and respected within the digital health industry