The Digital Health Canada Board Development Committee is now inviting Digital Health Canada members in good standing to put their name forward for election to four (4) available positions on the Board of Directors.
We encourage members to nominate qualified Board Director candidates who work with technology to improve health for Canadians, including (but not limited to): Canadian digital health professionals, front-line care delivery workers, IT/IM specialists, vendors, researchers, entrepreneurs, project managers, patients and caregivers. We would like to hear from members working in acute care, community care, home care, long-term care, First Nations health, mental health, and telehealth/virtual health, and more.
Digital Health Canada is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity in connection with our vision, mission, values and pillars. We strive to develop a Board of Directors with Canada-wide member representation that reflects the diversity of the Canadian health ecosystem and the Digital Health Canada member community. We actively welcome nominations and candidates at any career level who are Black, Indigenous, LGBTQIA2S+, or living with disability, as well as People of Colour or members of other racialized and marginalized groups.
Nominations must be received at the Digital Health Canada National Office no later than 5 p.m. ET Friday, April 2, 2021. Follow the steps outlined in the Nomination Details below. We look forward to hearing from you!Nomination Details
Step 1. Complete the Form of Nomination and Consent
The nominated Digital Health Canada member must provide his/her signed consent on this form. Members must be nominated by at least three (3) other Digital Health Canada members in good standing. All nominators must also sign the form. If the nominators are unable to sign the same copy of the form due to location, etc., they can sign different copies. All copies must be signed by the nominees and uploaded as part of the nomination.
Step 2: Complete the online Nomination Form
Nominations must be received at the Digital Health Canada National Office no later than 5 p.m. EST Friday April 2, 2021. Nominators, please submit your nomination online using the link below. The Form of Nomination and Consent and a candidate photo must be uploaded within the online Nomination.
There are four (4) 2021 – 2023 Board of Directors positions open for election. Should more than four nominations be accepted, an election will be conducted by online election.
- Nominations close April 2, 2021
- Candidates on the roster for Board of Directors will be notified April 7, 2021 and campaigning shall begin.
- An online election will take place (if applicable) between May 3 – 14, 2021.
- Those who have been elected to the Board of Directors will be notified by May 21, 2021.
Digital Health Canada Board members are elected for a two-year term and are then eligible for re-election for up to three additional terms. They are required to:
- Attend approximately four face-to-face or videoconference Board meetings per year (April, June, October, January)
- Participate in teleconferences as necessary (usually two to three per year)
- Chair or act as liaison to one of the standing Committees of the Board or a task force
- Participate in strategic planning
- Be willing to actively participate in Digital Health Canada activities and make a contribution to the industry.
- The Digital Health Canada Board is a strategic board, and the CEO and National Office team provide strong operational support. In return for sitting on the Board, members will be able to actively contribute to and influence the development and advancement of the Canadian digital health industry by ensuring that Digital Health Canada remains a strong and respected organization. Board members also contribute to their own personal and professional growth. Being a Digital Health Canada Board member may well be one of the most fulfilling professional development opportunities of your career.