Understand the value of becoming a Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems – Canada (CPHIMS-CA)
CPHIMS-CA is provided through a partnership between Digital Health Canada and HIMSS, which issue the credential and certificate jointly to successful candidates. The Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems–Canada (CPHIMS-CA) credential validates professional competency to respected international and Canadian criteria. CPHIMS-CA signifies that a health informatics (HI) professional has the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform safely and effectively in a broad range of practice settings.
Organizations with CPHIMS-CA certified professionals find it helps:
- Deliver healthcare innovation projects with greater impact/lower costs
- Contribute to patient safety and healthcare delivery accountability
- Demonstrate professional competency in globally respected HI criteria
- Raise the profile of HI as a profession
- Recruit and retain top-quality HI staff